We are the only law firm in Sweden with a distinct specialization in railway and public transportation law. Our team possesses substantial experience working within the industry. For over 15 years, Martin Dell has advised numerous actors from all areas of the industry. We have extensive experience assisting clients with various matters, some of which are listed below:
- Services comprising strategic advice, documentation, project management, and implementation regarding procurement of public transport services, for both PTAs and operators. Since 2001, we have acted as advisers in nearly all procurements of railway transport and several major procurements of bus transports.
- Providing legal advice on purchasing, hiring, financing, and leasing of locomotives, self-propelled units for passengers and freight cars. We have acted as advisers in procurements of specially manufactured wagons and locomotives for unit trains and of some of the most common railcars for passenger transport. We have also acted as advisers in disputes regarding such projects and have experience from GCU and collateral matters regarding rolling stock.
- Procurement of short and long-term contracts for transportation of different types of goods, such as chemicals, timber, ore, and mineral oil, for both RUs and principals.
- Infrastructure projects, such as improvement and extension of tracks, ERTMS-installation, terminals, and discharging equipment.
- Typical issues common to the industry such as warranty claims, permits, fees, collisions, and relevant real estate issues.
Workshops and seminars
We regularly host workshops and seminars within the field. To stay informed, be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
Contact us if you would like more information
Martin Dell (head of team), Elsa Elmgren Stenkula